Mallory Hogan is a nineteen year-old event rider from Belvedere, CA. She is a West Coast Young Rider based out of Chocolate Horse Farm in Petaluma, CA and trained by Andrea Pfeiffer. With her equestrian partner, “Clarissa Purisima” purchased in 2013, Mallory has competed her way from the Novice level in eventing up to the International CCI4* level.
Along the way, Mallory has represented USEA Area VI at two North American Youth Championships, winning a Team Gold medal and an Individual Bronze medal in 2017 and securing a Team Bronze finish in 2018. In addition, Mallory has been named to the 2018 USEF Emerging Athletes Training list coached by Leslie Law. Mallory’s determination and talent has lead her to an incredible amount of success so far in her career. In 2019, Mallory was selected to compete for Team Leslie Law for the US Equestrian’s Future’s Team Challenge at Bromont International CCI3*-L in Canada.
· 2nd Place, Virginia Horse Trials CCI3*-L (November 2019)
· 36th Place, Plantation Field International CCI4*-S (September 2019)
· 15th Place, Bromont CCI3*-L (June 2019)
· Named to US Equestrian’s Future’s Team Challenge at Bromont
· 4th Place, Galway Downs CCI4*-S (March 2019)
· 4th Place, Twin Rivers Ranch Advanced (March 2019)
· 2nd Place, Galway Downs CCI3*-L (November 2018)
· Named to 2018 USEF Emerging Athletes Training List
· Team Bronze Medalist at NAYRC CICOY2* 2018
· 7th Place, NAYRC CICOY2* (July 2018)
· 9th Place, Woodside Intermediate (May 2018)
· 2nd Place, Twin Rivers CCI2* (April 2018)
· 5th Place, Galway Downs CIC2* (May 2018)
· 4th Place, Twin Rivers Intermediate (March 2018)
· 6th Place, Woodside Intermediate (October 2017)
· 3rd Place, Copper Meadows Intermediate (September 2017)
· Team Gold and Individual Bronze Medalist at 2017 NAYRC CICOY1*
· 1st Place, Woodside Preliminary (May 2017)
· 4th Place, Twin Rivers Preliminary (April 2017)
· 10th Place, Galway Downs CIC1* (March 2017)
My 2020 spring plans will be to gain more mileage at the advanced and 4* level while also looking for opportunities to compete in my first overseas event.
Why I Love FITS:
I have ridden in FITS breeches for years and they perform amazingly well in all climates. After moving to the East Coast, I began to experience something we often didn’t have on the West Coast, rain. My FITS breeches kept me in the saddle and not slipping around no matter how many horses I rode in inclement weather. I never ride in anything else!
From tops to toes, FITS clothing is so comfortable! I love the breeches and the shirts and vests are not only fashionable, but practical too. I spend so much time in the saddle and at the barn that I need breeches and tops that I can spend hours in. I recommend FITS to everyone both the casual and competitive equestrian!
Photo credit is as follows:
Dressage: Sherry Stewart
Cross Country Brush: JJ Sillman
Show Jumping: Amy Dragoo